Friday, March 9, 2012

Paradise.

         So the last few days have been absolute paradise to say the least. Yesterday we moved location from the port town of Hell-Ville Nosy Be to a more touristy beach location. Our hotel is right on the beach with its own bar and restaurant and other restaurants, shopping and nightlife are just a short walk away!

            Yesterday brought snorkeling, beach time and sun buns for most (not me though! I was one of the lucky ones-). The snorkeling was amazing and I do not think I have ever been in warmer water. It is incredible. We took a boat to a small island called Tanikely where there are reefs right off the shore.

            I have to keep reminding myself that I am on a little volcanic island off the coast of Madagascar 
because this all seems so unreal to me. I am so lucky to have these kinds of opportunities. Like in the last post, I won’t bore you with crazy boring details, basically my last few days have involved beach, snorkeling, walks on the beach, runs on the beach, ice cream and happiness. Here are a few pics to illustrate:




Tanikely- The little island where we spent our day snorkeling


Beach at Tanikely

So one of our SIT contact on Nosy Be was up at 5 am preparing this beautiful and delicious lunch spread for us- it involved shrimp and beef brochettes, fresh crab, giant fresh swordfish and barracuda, avocado and tomato salad, coconut rise, a little salad medley of carrots, zucchini and potatoes and fresh fruit. Sound like heaven? It was. 

Some of the girlies taking advantage of the warm bathwater

There was a lighthouse in the middle of the island which we climbed up- this was the view that greeted us. 

The beach outside our hotel at sunset

Getting ready to go to lunch! Note our awesome tans-
         So thats it for Nosy Be! I am sitting in the hotel restaurant right now looking out at the beach and wishing that we could stay for longer... But unfortunately our flight back to Tana leaves this afternoon so I am going to have to come to terms with parting with Nosy Be for a while. I still have some tropical beaches waiting for me (Mauritius anyone??!!) so I guess its not all that sad...


No comments:

Post a Comment