Sunday, July 22, 2012

Changes

Well, I've been afraid of changing 
'Cause I've built my life around you 
But time makes you bolder 
Children get older 
I'm getting older too 



First, I apologize at not updating. I hoped to continue writing after my travels ended but fast-paced life in the U.S. got the best of me. Many changes (some for the better, others for worse) have happened in my life since I have returned from abroad. 


Throughout these past two months being back home, I have started a new job as the director of sumer camp for special needs kids, officially moved into the house that I will be living in for the next year,  struggled with the end of a two year relationship and dealt with the news of my dog passing in February whilst trying to reflect on my experiences abroad. I am hoping that starting to write in the road less traveled will help me gain the perspective of my experiences that I think was lost a bit when I came back to the states. 


On another note, even though I have dealt with some struggles, I have had a wonderful summer thus far and am so excited to be taking life by the horns. I am graduating in nine months and the world will be at my fingertips. If there is one thing that Madagascar has taught me that I  am capable of pretty much anything. If I put my heart and soul into a goal then I will acheive. I am in the process of applying to grad schools and studying for the GREs and could not be any more eager and excited for my future. 


Change is scary. But I feel like change has to happen in order for us to grow as people. My life has changed and is still changing. I am not content just sitting still. My wander lust will guide me through the next few years of my life. 


On another note, what have I been up to for these past two months where I have been off the blogging grid? Here is a timeline in photos: 



 Good Evening Burlington. Oh how I had missed you-

 Hannah and Lexi came to visit the first weekend I got back :-)

 Random trips to Montreal to get my Cafe au Lait fix :-)


Hikes in the Adirondacks 

Shenanigans with the new roomies

Sibling Love


Oh the places she will go... Hannah is off to Bates next year!

Some good looking kids. And of course my graduated little sis!

The grandparents!

My sweet father and I

Well that's it for now... I promise I will be better at updating but alas, I have to go study for the GREs now.. So I don't know how long that promise will last. 


Oh and PS: Everyone in Madagascar: I am missing you like crazy!!!!! Much love! xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment