Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inspired



As I was looking at my friend Elisabeth's blog today (you can find her blog link on the sidebar "La Vita E Bella"), I came across a new blog linky party that she had posted. This one in particular was aimed to get me thinking about what inspired me. Well, the first thing that came to my mind was Africa obviously (I have an obsession in case you haven't picked up on it yet). So, I did some "stumbling-upon" to see if any sites that came up inspired me. A few posts ago around Christmastime I wrote about how lucky I am compared to many of the people in this world living in poverty. I used a personal experience of mine of when I was in Kenya to prove my point. This post can be checked out right here:


While I was stumbling I came across this site: http://www.ifitweremyhome.com/

This site allows you to compare your life to those living in different countries around the world. I challenge you to compare yourself to some of the poorest countries in the world. Try Malawi. Somalia. Bangladesh. Democratic Republic of Congo. 

Next time you find yourself complaining about the traffic, what "he said to her and what she said to you." or how long the lady in front of you is taking at the grocery store; check out this site. And don't forget how good you have it. 

More to come tomorrow: My adventures in Canada this weekend (and how I am so lucky to be able to do so!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up liv - and I Just checked out that website ...its really neat! I compared myself to bangladesh, ethiopia, and slovakia.
    love you!
    elisabeth

    ReplyDelete