Saturday, January 21, 2012

Just a little Inspiration...

So today as I am sitting on the couch, sneezing, blowing my nose and praying that my cold goes away before my long journey on Wednesday, I decided it would be fun to research some inspirational quotes. Having traveled abroad to a developing country by myself before, I know that it is not an easy transition. It takes a lot of inner strength, independence and confidence in yourself to succeed in such an endeavor. Not only am I going to a totally foreign country by myself, I will be assaulted by culture shock the moment I step off the plane in Antananarivo. When I was in Kenya it was very difficult for me to get over the poverty and suffering I saw in everyday life. 

I know these quotes may be a little cliche, but these I feel like these ones I chose in particular, pertain to my life now and the journey that I am about to embark on in a few days. 







This one really spoke to me- I felt so guilty for months when I got back from Kenya because I fell into these wealthier minorities. One of my goals in Madagascar is to study some of the causes of the world's unequal distribution of wealth. I hope that this experience will give me the skills and experience and knowledge I need to choose an appropriate grad school which will let me follow my passions :-)



~Much Love to ALL~

Oh and PS- I leave in three and a half days! 

1 comment:

  1. hey i'm calling you later today -but you should totally link this page up to the link up this week (same thing basically as last week :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete