Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weekend Adventures

This weekend Mike's best friend from home, Kirsten, came up to Burlington with her boyfriend and some friends for a visit. We had tons of fun with everyone, the activities included: A trip to Montreal, Hiking, Walking around Church Street and eating... A LOT.

Here are some snapshots of the weekend:

We spent part of our day in Montreal exploring the Notre Dame BasilicaWhich is probably one of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen. (note how intricate the altar is)


Confessional


Beautiful stained glass and paintings. I would love to go to Italy sometime and see the Sistine chapel and all the classical Italian art. I took an art history class my freshman year of college and fell in love with early renaissance religious art. 


Breathtaking Altar


Mon petit et moi avant l'autel


Un autre autel dans un petit chapelle dans le Basilique


I am so excited that I got to experience the church and Montreal with Mike and everyone before I leave for  Madagascar. And I also got to improve my French skills!!!


I was starting to get really irritated with the QuebeƧois after a while because I would speak French to them- I guess I looked pretty American (or my friends gave me away) because they would always answer me in English. Even though I understand French! 


Haha the boys were loving this. 



Mike took us to this Portuguese restaurant in the city that basically sold giant rotisserie chickens that had been cooking all day and delicious artery clogging fries. I can always rely on Mike to find a great restaurant! 



After almost giving ourselves heart attacks we decided it would be a good idea to go on a hike the next day to burn a kilocalorie or tow. Cody decided to burn more than a kilocalorie by moving a huge boulder out of our way that was blocking the trail. 



Ice skating anyone?


Enjoying the vista





In all we all had a wonderful weekend full of activities! I hope these last two weekends I have in North America serve to be just as fantastic!!!! :-)

~Much Love to All~

No comments:

Post a Comment